- FiloSAFE Enterprise Suite FiloSAFE Enterprise Suite delivers secure online collaboration spaces that provide online storage, collaboration space, and remote application access over our own public key infrastructure (PKI) and duty-oriented access control.
- Jikzi: A Resilient Security Mechanism The Internet became a valuable source of knowledge, however, its availability is very inescure by many reasons. This project was to enhance the reliability of information published on the Internet.
- Global Internet Trust Register This project was to propose a way to build "trust" on the Internet. Trust on the network could be very fragile, owing to the nature of the Internet: anonymity and its potential malicious misuses. We defined rules of accumulating trust by adopting a chain of trust and demonstrated a network of propagated trust.
- X.509-compliant Certification Server Public key algorithms may give stronger security than conventional ciphers and reduce the burden of key management. However, there is a threat: the communication peer can be easily impersonated. The need of a trusted third party, so-called certification authority, was introduced; its role is to issue a certificate for public keys to prove which key belongs to whom. We designed and developed a X.509-compliant certification server.
- XecureWeb - Channel Encryption This project was designed to implement an alternative to the Secure Socket Layer (SSL). In 1996, web browsers did not support encryption stronger than 40-bit outside North America due to the US export control. It was not secure enough to deal with sensitive data exchange. We designed a protocol that provides an encrypted data channel with a customizable key length so that the customer could control the strength of security.
- Authentication in Digital Cellular Network This project was to design an authentication system for a digital cellular network. The cellular communication service carrier needed to identify legitimate subscribers to protect them from illegal uses of cellular resources.We proposed an authentication system based on a cryptographic digital identity embedded in a mobile phone so that the acrrier could verify its legitimate subscribers.
- Home Location Register in CDMA Digital Cellular System This project was designed to implement a fully-working set of the digital cellular network that complies with IS-95A/narrowband CDMA-based 2nd generation digital cellular system. The team where I belonged developed a Home Location Register and I was in charge of its operation and administration subsystem.